healthy_living blog

Please be aware of chemicals & pesticides used in your home or office. This family was on vacation and now they are fighting for their lives.

I understand all too well what that’s like. 

We became chemically sensitive after our home (featured on MTV Cribs) was contaminated with toxic mold between the walls.  We never saw anything. It happened because of faulty building. Sadly, we lost our home and everything in it including Ted’s rock ‘n roll memorabilia and Rocco’s baby pictures.  What’s worse, we all got very sick. Ted and I had 4 different types of mold in our bloodstreams.  Rocco had severe asthma.  Our immune systems were destroyed.  I was on oxygen and couldn’t walk up a flight of stairs if my life depended on it.  

I decided to go the natural route for recovery rather than further poison myself with more chemicals that would only cover the problem.  It took a year of alternative remedies like vitamin IVs, infared saunas and oxygen to heal…and I’m still recovering.  Every time I encounter pesticides or chemicals I get a migraine.

Now, I am basically the canary in a coal mine and am sensitive to just about everything: scented candles, potpourri, that “new car smell” which is off-gassing of chemicals, fabric softener (especially Downy), chemical cleaners and so much more.  I can walk into a home or building and instantly feel like I’ve been hit by a truck; headache, weakness, heart palpitations – all because of chemicals.  I can tell if a candle has chemically scented fragrance or uses natural essential oils. (I use Young Living Essential Oils only!)

At times I wonder if the reason we lost our MTV Cribs home and everything in it was so  I can speak out about chemical sensitivity and toxic mold contamination.  If it can happen to us, it can happen to you.  

Recognize the signs.  If you recently moved and suddenly have allergies or flu-like symptoms, it could be the indoor air quality. Don’t second guess your instincts.  Doctors said my migraines were due to stress (do you know who my husband is?!).  We travel often and are constantly on the go, so I wondered if that was truly the case.  The light-bulb moment occurred when we traveled to London and I slept like a baby.  I felt great!!  When we returned to our home, the symptoms reappeared. 

If you’re sick and tired of being sick and tired, research your symptoms on the Internet and talk to several doctors. Don’t give up!  Keep yourself and your family healthy.  

Sending prayers to this family that was poisoned by pesticides.

Watch the Killerhouse Trailer Now!

Recognize, Remediate, and Recover from toxic mold and environmental illness. Learn how to be able to recognize dangerous mold, learn the proper way to remediate it, and heal your body, mind, and spirit.

You have Successfully Subscribed!